Heya you guys!
I know I haven’t posted in a while so I thought I would share my favorite matcha cookie recipe. For everyone who doesn’t know, matcha is a tea with Japanese origin and it looks like a green powder. You can buy it in almost every life store or online. Here is the secret recipe,
- 2 cups flour
- 1-2 teaspoons green matcha tea powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 200 g room temperature butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Powdered sugar for decoration
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees Celsius.
- Place the flour, powdered tea and salt in a bowl an carefully mix together with a spoon.
- In a mixer bowl, beat sugar and butter until fluffy.
- Mix the two mixtures, and mix slowly until the dough comes together.
- Put the dough in a plastic container and place it in the freezer for 30 minutes until the dough has firmed to touch.
- Shape the dough to chosen shape (I used a gingerbread stencil with the shape of a heart).
- Place on a cookie sheet.
- Leave in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove the cookies from the cookie sheet and place on a wire rack to cool down.
- When cooled down, sprinkle powdered sugar over the cooled down cookies for a fantastic look.
- Serve to family, friends and others. Enjoy!